The real estate industry has witnessed drastic changes over the last few years, due to the implantation of RERA, GST and demonetisation. The recent policy changes have put the Indian real estate market in a flux. It is important to make an investment in the sector carefully to get good returns. Here is the list of 2018’s Top Property Investment Hotspots in West and North India:
A) West India
Mumbai Metropolitan Region (MMR) and Pune are on the first place in the ranking of cities indulge in the real estate investment in West India most in 2018. Both sales and increasing supply q-o-q have proved to be major factors for the growth of MMR realty market.
According to the data of ANAROCK, MMR has topped in the ranking for a number of launches in the second quarter of 2018 among 7 different cities with a launch of around 13,600 units from a total of 50,100. This shows a 59% increase as compared to Q1 2018. MMR even scored high points in sales as against other cities, with approx. 15,200 units sold in Q2 2018.
Pune witnessed a leap of 214% in housing supply in Q2 2018. This accords to approx. 6,900 new units as against 2,200 units in Q1 2018. While the housing sales saw a 24% increase in Q2 2018. Due to various government policy reforms and schemes, the realty markets in these regions witnessed an upbeat in 2018. It was mainly done to boost housing supply and consumption over the last few quarters. Pune is indeed one of the Top Property Investment Hotspots.
B) North India
Gurgaon in Haryana and Noida and Greater Noida in Uttar Pradesh are realty hotspots of 2018, North India. There were 1,150 units launched in Q2 2018 in Gurgaon and approximately 4,500 units in Noida and Greater Noida. In Q2 2018, these regions saw a drop-in housing supply, however, sales number kept floating. There was 20% q-o-q increase in housing sales in Gurgaon and 25% collective increase in Noida and Greater Noida in Q2 2018.
Top Affordable and High-End Investment Destinations
It is not just the districts and cities in the central of any region that are the top-end investment destinations. The reason being the central locations are low on growth potential. Here, are locations that offer multiple prime properties:
Precautions for Affordable Housing Investors
- Consider a builder’s past track for project completion and consistent product quality.
- One should see civic infrastructure, particularly public transport facilities, water availability and sanitation.
- One must buy a flat in India after checking the availability of social infrastructure in and around every project consideration.
Precautions for High-end Housing Investors
- While investing in best luxury apartments in India an investor must be clear of ‘premium’ for his potential buyers.
- For investing in high-end housing, it is advisable to consult a credible property consultancy irrespective of budget limitation. It is expected that a better ROI can be witnessed in future if a professional guidance is provided.