Mahatma Gandhi, who was born on October 2, 1869, also remembered as The Father of the Nation and had a vast contribution towards India’s freedom. His messages on peace, harmony and non-violence hold importance even today. On Gandhi Jayanthi, we try to recall some of his famous quotes which are so important in today’s day and age.
- “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.
- “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
- “An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.”
- “You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.”
- “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.”
- “A man is but the product of his thoughts what he thinks, he becomes.”
- “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.”
- “I suppose leadership at one time meant muscles; but today it means getting along with people.”
- “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it — always.”
- “Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.”
- “Nobody can hurt me without my permission.”
- “Hate the sin, love the sinner.”
- “Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s needs, but not every man’s greed.”
- “In a gentle way, you can shake the world.”
- “It has always been a mystery to me how men can feel themselves honoured by the humiliation of their fellow beings.”