Here is a list of Indian women achievers along with much needed inspiration in their own words.
- “Till such time I get everything right, I’m willing to learn and I’m willing to make mistakes,”“I always tend to spend a couple of months understanding and learning, and frame a point of view about businesses, and then I get into execution mode.” – Shikha Sharma – CEO, Axis Bank
- “I have been single-minded in my determination to see my venture succeed. I have never been the one to give up easily. So, when I faced the initial hiccups that any start-up in India faced during the pre-liberalization period, I simply became more determined to make it work. (Kiran Mazumdar Shaw to nature.com) – Kiran Mazumdar Shaw – Chairperson and MD, Biocon
- “An important attribute of success is to be yourself. Never hide what makes you, you.” – Indra Nooyi, Ex – CEO, PepsiCo
- “If you want to do something, what does it matter where you are ranked? Nor does being a woman make a difference.” – Kalpana Chawla, American Astronaut and the first woman of Indian origin in space
- “When you know you have to fend for yourself every inch of the way, it gives you a different kind of grit and tenacity” – Shraddha Sharma, CEO YourStory